Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I love my old fandoms collide with new fandoms

I have always had "obsessions".

I really hate using that word because when I think of obsessions, well, thanks to Beyonce I think of a crazy woman trying to kill the wife of the man she's fucking. I still refuse to watch that movie.

I prefer to think of myself as a very dedicated FAN.

And during my 26 years of existence, I have become a fan of many deserving celebrities, movies, and TV shows. Sometimes, this fan girling has been to the extreme but at no point have I ever been fit for a straight jacket. no matter what any ex-boyfriends say.

And while my current fandom love is very obvious to any of you who frequent my blog, you may not be aware that 10 years ago when I was in highschool I was a HUGE fan of Jimmy Fallon. I'm talking HUGE. In fact - ask any of my besties from my freshman year at university and they will agree that it was Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy. I LOVED the guy. And not necessarily for his cute looks but because he could make me laugh for hours and hours to the point I was in tears and was genuinely a great freakin guy.

Dude - I had BUNNY EARS on my little 13 inch tv so that I could watch Saturday Night Live on Saturday nights. You know - when most freshman were out getting drunk and making bad decisions.



yeah - this was totally my wallpaper a decade ago


So now that Jimmy has his own late night show - obviously this is old news cause it's over a year old - my fandoms sort of collide and I get to see two fandoms collide beautifully.

Case and Point:


This pretty much made my 26 years of life.

Ummm if you haven't seen this yet, please allow yourself 1min27seconds to watch it. It is all kinds of cute and funny.



Anyway - fandoms will be colliding again in like 10 minutes when the lovely Stewie appears on Jimmy's show tonight. To say I'm excited is an understatement. I know these two will be GENIUS.



And on that note. It's Jimmy Fallon time.

No comments: